The Dallas County Criminal Courts recognize the concern about a potential outbreak of coronavirus. The health and safety of the public, attorneys, defendants and those who work in the courthouse remain a paramount concern. In addition to following order of Dallas County related to criminal matters as a whole and any guidance received from the Criminal Court of Appeals, the Dallas County Criminal Courts are addressing the concerns in the following manner:
- Jury trials will be suspended until May 4, 2020.
- Trials before the Court will still be available.
- Jail pleas will proceed as normal.
- Bond hearings will proceed as normal.
- In-person disposition of Bond cases will resume on May 4, 2020.
- Appearances for Bond Cases will be waived until May 4, 2020.
- Cases should be passed/reset by calling or sending an email to the Court Coordinator.
- Some courts are available by Skype to provide a virtual option for any dispositive settings on both Jail and bond cases. You will need to check with each individual court to determine if this is an option.
The Dallas County Criminal Courts may modify this protocol, if necessary, to address any further public health and safety concerns.